Jay Mewes’ (of Jay & Silent Bob fame) directorial debut follows the actor’s pursuit to be taken seriously in a world that sees him only as Jay (of Jay & Silent Bob fame).
The dark comedy follows a dramatised version of Mewes, (playing himself, alongside an insane cast of veteran actors) as he turns to method acting in an effort to skyrocket his acting career, only to descend into madness.
One of the most noteworthy things about the movie is it’s cast, which is about as baffling as you would expect from a film about the perils of the human psyche…
Noteable thespians include, but are not limited to:
- Kevin Smith (Obviously)
- Harley Quinn Smith (Obviously)
- Vinnie Jones (...obviously?)
- Danny Trejo (wearing a feather boa and putting on a British accent, obviously)
- Matt Willis (of Busted, obviously)
- Dean Cain (playing himself, obviously)
- Teri Hatcher (can’t have Superman without Lois Lane, obviously)
The film also features Stan ‘The Man’ Lee in his final on screen appearance after his tragic passing late last year.
Madness in the Method releases in limited US theatres and on demand on August 8th. Check out the trailer below, and see if you can follow along…